Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Unpacking in Florida...then back to Bay Area...

I know, I know...I am very late on this post, and you'll understand after reading...

The big, huge truck with all our personal belongings, car and office arrived (for the most part) safely in Florida *sigh of great relief*.  We spent 4 1/2 very long days working as fast as possible to unpack and set up as much as we could.  The office was the most important, since it needed to be up and running with all the furniture assembled (including internet/phone/fax) by the time we had to leave Florida.  Mission accomplished with the office!  The office is all set up and we just love it!  There's so much daylight and plenty of room for Picasso to hang out all over the place.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take any pictures of the office, so you'll have to wait until we get back to Flroida.

Our living space (I'll call it "home") is not yet completely unpacked and set up.  Here are the boxes that we've unpacked so far...



We still have a few more days after we return to finish unpacking the home stuff.  We absolutely love our new home with the beautiful views of the inter-coastal waterway, Palm Beach and Atlantic Ocean!  Here's the view from the kitchen and dining room:




Here is the view from the living room, where you can see the short bridge to Palm Beach:



We also love that our entire living area is on ONE floor - no more stairs!!!!  Here is a photo of my future sewing room, which I am very anxious to unpack and get set up so I can make myself some new attire :-) Yes, I actually have my own space ... Brian has a space for his "thing", too, which he is very excited about (and I'm very excited for him)...I'll share more about that later...




The room that is the closest to being unpacked and set up is the living room.  We look forward to spending a lot of time in this space, which has so many windows and lots of views (not to mention the big tv and couches).  Here it is so far...




Well, that's all the photos that I have so far.  We were too busy unpacking, and I didn't have a chance to take more pics.  More will come in a few weeks when we are back there for good.

Okay, so then we flew back to California for 10 days to supervise our last construction project in the Bay Area (while clients are out of town), and also to clean up the former office so we can get our security deposit back.  We also had several meetings for our research projects throughout the last week and spent some time with our amazing employees to set things up so they can  keep things running here on the west coast for us.

It's been a rough and busy week, but everything has gone quite well in the end:  construction has gone fairly smoothly and the project is turning out beautiful (there's one day left, and I anticipate no big problems and happy clients); we will get our entire security deposit back from the former office;  our meetings were very productive and goals are clear; employees are all on board with keeping things running smoothly; ate at our favorite local spots before leaving town and spent/will spend some quality time with good friends.

Tomorrow is our last day in the Bay Area...I still can't believe I've lived here for over 19 years.  I fell in love with the Bay Area immediately after arriving, and I've had an absolutely wonderful life out here (great friends, fun jobs, riding motorcycles, traveling, wineries)!  I'll miss it, but will return often (afterall, I'll be leaving a piece of my heart in San Francisco).

We'll be packing up our vehicle tomorrow and then hittin' the road the next morning...

Looking forward to our new adventure...